Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Help needed (Read 5627 times)
R

Re: Help needed
Reply #30 - Aug 31st, 2022 at 6:37am
Print Post Print Post  
Mark Baum wrote on Aug 31st, 2022 at 2:15am:
Hi Radu,

I see you're in Romania.

We sent you the SiB in January 2020 and it was the only item you purchased.

The SiB is guaranteed to be compatible with the programs that are available immediately after purchase and as long as you update it regularly, it will be compatible with more programs as we release them, but updating after almost 3 years can indeed create problems because of the massive jump in versions.

Having said that, we'd be willing to cover the SiB under warranty and replace with a new one, but we can not cover the shipping costs unfortunately.

Shipping to EU these days is also very costly and I just looked up the rate to send the SiB would be $19.53. If you wanted to buy another SiB or an accessory, I'm sure the shipping wouldn't increase and might make it more worth it for you..

Regards,
Mark

Hey Mark. Thank you very much for the fast response.
Indeed, I was lucky enough to get it 2020 but I also updated it a few times since then by checking the instructions from the Firmware Update thread. As I mentioned, I had version 801 before trying to get to latest and the only reason I tried updating it was due to the IFTTT app that was asking for it(and for which I've been eagerly waiting).
That being said, thank you for offering to replace it but I'm well aware that it's way past its waranty and that you guys don't make much of a margin on it in the first place. I'd rather have you send the stock you currently have to somebody from the original campaign that is still waiting for one.
What I'm more interested in is if you managed to talk to the firmware engineer and if there is a way, no matter how complicated, to re-flash it.
Thank you!

IP Logged

Mark Baum
Forum Administrator

Reply #31 - Sep 5th, 2022 at 7:47pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi Radu,

Thank you for the message.

Unfortunately it is not possible to re-flash the SiB, there are hardware limitations for doing this and also we don't make the f/w available online.

There IS an alternative we came up with and that is to just send you the PCB part of the SiB. The cost for shipping this is only $9 if you're happy with that and no cost for the PCB replacement.

In addition, you would have to pull the cover of the SiB by following the instructions in this post: https://www.sib.me/forum/index.cgi?num=1660609863/11#11

Then if you manage to remove the cover, you will first need to take out the dummy plastic key that is accessible from the bottom (this one can be removed with some pliers) and it is there to put pressure from battery terminals to the PCB.

Then after doing that you would lift the horizontal part of the PCB with the 2 switches upward to free it from the plastic case and then with same pliers you would lift the PCB from the antenna section.

If you manage to get that done, then its easy enough to slide in the new PCB with latest firmware and have the SiB run again.

Let us know your thoughts.

Regards,
Mark

IP Logged

Mark Baum
Forum Administrator

Reply #32 - Sep 6th, 2022 at 2:35am
Print Post Print Post  
Hi Radu,

We might have found an even cheaper option for sending you the PCB, but we never used it before to send parcels, however, it does appear to be valid and at cost of only $3.95.

We can't guarantee delivery, but the service being offered is from USPS and *should* arrive.

Regards,
Mark

IP Logged

R

Reply #33 - Sep 12th, 2022 at 10:22am
Print Post Print Post  
Mark Baum wrote on Sep 6th, 2022 at 2:35am:
Hi Radu,

We might have found an even cheaper option for sending you the PCB, but we never used it before to send parcels, however, it does appear to be valid and at cost of only $3.95.

We can't guarantee delivery, but the service being offered is from USPS and *should* arrive.

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark, thank you for doing everything you can to get the SiB running again. If I can't re-flash it, I guess changing the PCB might be a viable option. Please write in a private chat how we could proceed about this.
Thanks.

IP Logged

Mark Baum
Forum Administrator

Reply #34 - Sep 12th, 2022 at 6:34pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi Radu,

Can you confirm first please if you are able to remove the cover of the SiB and gain access to the inside as per the instructions given earlier?

I ask this, because although it is easy for us to do this, some people have found it difficult and so just want to make sure you are able to do this critical step otherwise you'd be buying a PCB that you can't install.

Let me know once you've tried and then we can go from there.

Regards,
Mark

IP Logged

R

Reply #35 - Sep 13th, 2022 at 6:30am
Print Post Print Post  
Mark Baum wrote on Sep 12th, 2022 at 6:34pm:
Hi Radu,

Can you confirm first please if you are able to remove the cover of the SiB and gain access to the inside as per the instructions given earlier?

I ask this, because although it is easy for us to do this, some people have found it difficult and so just want to make sure you are able to do this critical step otherwise you'd be buying a PCB that you can't install.

Let me know once you've tried and then we can go from there.

Regards,
Mark

Yes, I did it, I have access to the PCB.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print