Normal Topic Bluetooth pairing (Read 1398 times)
ernestb

Bluetooth pairing
Sep 3rd, 2020 at 7:23am
Print Post Print Post  
My SIB will not pair with bluetooth on my android phone. I tried numerous times with no success. From what I read bluetooth pairing on android is supposed to be easier to connect to than iPhones are. But it is not. As far as wifi goes the SIB is not finding my router in order to connect to the network  wifi pairing doesnt work either. I am using the 2.4 ghz. to connect to. I wish this issue could've resolved soon. Or I'm shortly throwing them in the trash. They are useless at this point. I have another reward from a different campaign I backed. Since having for several months it is just a piece of trash that will never work. Just havent gotten around to putting it in the trash. How long to resolve this issue. I'm not going to back any more projects ever again after this because of kickstarter customer support. They are no help. I'm not waiting forever for a fix for this. I dont keep anything that's no good or doesnt work . Dont have the room. Ernest..

IP Logged

Mark Baum
Forum Administrator

Re: Bluetooth pairing
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 6:59pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi Ernest,

Thank you for the post and information included.

In 2015 a report came out saying there were more than 24,000 Android devices - I didn't want to search more, but that gives you an idea as to how many likely exist now and how its is practically impossible for us (for any start up) to get access to every device and test compatibility.

We're here to help and to try and work through all the problems, but we can't guarantee that the SiB will be able to perfectly pair with absolutely every phone out there.

Having said that, can you tell me please what phone type you have and the exact version of Android found in the "about" section of settings?

Another option, is if you can get your hands on another device just for the pairing process it would solve the issue also.

The pairing is actually supposed to try also with WiFi direct to the SiB, if it fails with Bluetooth, it should fail over to WiFi and try pairing that way - failing to pair on both is very surprising and unfortunate.

So yeah, a good start is to know your phone type please.

Also, what brand and model is your router? - we had another user recently tell us that his router was not accepting the SiB either, he tried everything possible and nothing worked.

Then he reported that he decided to power off and back on the router and that fixed the problem immediately, so all along it was the router not accepting new DHCP connection / giving out new IP's to new devices. All the old devices still worked fine, but the SiBs being new devices couldn't connect.

Regards,
Mark

IP Logged

ernestb

Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 10:17pm
Print Post Print Post  
Mark, I have a samsung galaxyA20 version 10. I did try to connect my SIB to my home network using  wifi direct. It was connected with no internet access. So I'm going to contact tech support at spectrum which is my  internet provider. Still trying bluetooth to connect to pair my SIB. Let me know if you need more information about my device. Ernest

IP Logged

Mark Baum
Forum Administrator

Reply #3 - Sep 4th, 2020 at 9:19pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi Ernest,

I'm not sure what router you have, but an alternative we thought here that you could try is to set up a hotspot using your phone.

Basically turn on the hotspot with whatever credentials you want and then using the BT pairing, you can pair the SiBs with the credentials of the hotspot. Its very case sensitive, both station ID and obviously password.

The SiB must be flashing a whitish light when its ready to pair. If the light is red or yellow or any other, then it wont be able to pair, it indicates its already been paired from one of your previous attempts.

Regards,
Mark

IP Logged