Normal Topic Water sensor (Read 484 times)
Guest6

Water sensor
Dec 7th, 2022 at 4:02pm
Print Post Print Post  
I received the water sensor with my SiB.  However I cannot find instructions for using it.  I did find the video for the water sensor, but the video does not provide any useful information for the physical configuration and software configuration.
Thanks.

IP Logged

Mark Baum
Forum Administrator

Re: Water sensor
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2022 at 8:31pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi there,

You're in luck! for this accessory, our CEO actually made a video explaining how it all goes together.

All you have to do, is pair the SiB, go to the "install SiB apps", find the water leak app, hit next next and there you will see the video explaining how it is assembled.

One thing I'd recommend.. before you fully assemble the accessory, install the app into the SiB so that it is running because you will need to press the SiBs button to get the app to load in and with the polycarbonate cover installed, pressing the button is almost impossible.

So steps to follow would be, go to app, watch video, follow through on the installation of the app, then assemble the accessory, then test.

To test, you don't even need to put the accessory in water, you can just lick your fingers and press them against the sensor's gold section and that should trigger the SiB.

Let us know if you need any more assistance.

Regards,
Mark

IP Logged

Guest6

Reply #2 - Dec 19th, 2022 at 5:31pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks.  That answered all of my initial questions.
I have the water sensor functioning now.

2 new questions:
- My SiB came with a square piece of flexible plastic.  What is that for?
- I tried to setup a VSMS alert to my Google Voice phone number, but that did not seem to work.  Should that work?

IP Logged

Mark Baum
Forum Administrator

Reply #3 - Dec 19th, 2022 at 6:51pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi,

That's great to hear.

OK so the square flexible plastic that came "inside" the box of the SiB is a transparent double sided tape. Every SiB comes with it and allows for the SiB by itself to be stuck in places you might need it. It is mostly used when the SiB is without some accessory, in applications like "door bell" or "panic button" or "door, window alarm" etc. You can carefully pull the plastic that covers the sticky area and then you'll see, one side is easier to remove than the other, but both are pretty easy.

I don't believe it will work with Google Voice because when you call a GV number, you get asked by Google to say your name and so the system doesn't do this and GV likely hangs up - something to that effect, I'm not entirely sure but its a guess.

Regards,
Mark

IP Logged

Guest6

Reply #4 - Dec 19th, 2022 at 7:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks much

IP Logged