Normal Topic SiB has permanent red light (Read 2217 times)
BenR

SiB has permanent red light
May 9th, 2020 at 4:03am
Print Post Print Post  
Just received and opened up my SiB.  Ran through the process to connect it to SiMP.  It created the "Setup my SiB" network, I connected to it, the app said the connection was successful, then the light on the SiB turned red and stayed on.  It has been on for more than an hour now.

Pressing and holding the SiB for extended period of time (30+ sec) didn't appear to have any effect.

Is there a way to fix this? Anyway I can remove the battery?

IP Logged

Mark Baum
Forum Administrator

Re: SiB has permanent red light
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2020 at 4:30am
Print Post Print Post  
That's interesting.

Please go ahead and short the 2 terminals that you see under the SiB with anything - but ideally some wire if you have any.

Anything metal however if you manage to touch those 2 points at the same time will briefly short the battery and turn the SiB off.

Alternatively, you can remove the battery by pressing your thumb against the cap of the SiB and with your index fingers and a few more lifting the cover of the SiB. This will expose the battery and you can remove it and put it back.

When you re-place the cover, look under it, you will see 2 little bumps on one end, they need to be facing away from the battery, parallel to the battery but away from it.

IP Logged

BenR

Reply #2 - May 9th, 2020 at 5:34am
Print Post Print Post  
That's I opted to remove the cover and the battery.  Upon plugging it back it, it started working and I was able to program it.

I did not need to run through the setup steps again, it was already connected to SiMP.

IP Logged

Mark Baum
Forum Administrator

Reply #3 - May 9th, 2020 at 5:17pm
Print Post Print Post  
That's wonderful and if you can, please issue the update command to get the latest firmware installed on the SiB. What you experienced is not what should have happened (obviously) and its possible that in the current firmware its been fixed - though likely it was a state specific to the pairing process, still worth updating anyway.

IP Logged