Normal Topic Magnetic Alarm Limbo State (Read 6063 times)
onehouseone

Magnetic Alarm Limbo State
Feb 22nd, 2020 at 9:05am
Print Post Print Post  
Hello once again, I ran into a state of limbo while changing after a hard reset on my SIB (majorly due to wrong naming: Kitchen SiB to Laundry SiB).

After the hard reset, I observed that the previous named SiB (Kitchen SiB) in the app while the new name also appears as well. I observed it's not possible to remove the old or inactive SiB (Kitchen SiB).

Aside this, the magnetic Alarm SiB no longer functions as it ought to, after the name change.

Previously the notification gets triggered when the SiB is detached from the magnetic and the end user can see the count down repeated after several minutes if the SiB still remain out of contact with the magnet.

After the hard reset, the sib suddenly remain dumb when detected from magnet except on clicks on the wake button. Also the count down doesn't repeat itself after the first count down is done, though the SiB and magnet still remains detached.

IP Logged

Mark Baum
Forum Administrator

Re: Magnetic Alarm Limbo State
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2020 at 10:26pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi there,

Thank you for the information and explanation. I'm not quite clear on what the problem is, but will try together to solve it.

First, I should point out that if your device is Android based, you don't need to do a reset - you can just change the "convo subject" and that's where the name mostly is. If you have an iOS device, that feature is not yet available, but its in the list to be added in the near future.

So can you confirm that after the hard reset you had to "re-pair" the SiB to your phone? and did this not create a new conversation with the new name?

The reset you did was 3 long presses?

Factory reset of that type should set the SiB back to well.. factory state with no programs or anything. You should be able to once again add the alarm program / magnet and use it as normal.

IF all the above is what you did, but the magnet program is not working, you could potentially run the "calib hall" command.

If you run that command, make sure its the SiB on its own without a magnet near and it will calibrate itself - though SiBs come pre-calibrated for this.

Also, you can run a little program if you want to get a reading of your magnet when its near the SiB or far.

The program must be sent on 1 IM and should look like this:

Prog reader : You can call it something other than reader if you want
Hall myvar : The hall sensor reading is stored in the variable myvar
SM myvar : SM stands for "silent message" so you don't get an audible notification for every IM that comes in with the value of myvar
DL 1s : DL is for delay, it tells the SiB to wit 1s and then do another reading, you can change this from as low as ms to hrs. I'd stay in the seconds range.
Loop : this tells the program to return and start again after the DL command.

Anything and including the : (colon) shouldn't be in the program - that's just for you to understand what the program is about.

Whenever you want it to stop, just send the stop command - meaning an IM with the word stop.

Running the program above might not be something you want, but in case you do, there it is.

Let us know your results please.

IP Logged