Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Problems with pairing SiB to SiMP (Read 15542 times)
Sliced Page

Re: Problems with pairing SiB to SiMP
Reply #30 - Nov 8th, 2020 at 4:59pm
Print Post Print Post  
Here I think is the right place to have my nervous breakdown. I cannot get past step 5 in Marks step by step guide to ruining your weekendinstalling a sib.
I find set up your sib access point and stay on it as long as the sib flashes white. No prompt. I cannot reset the thing because it barks at me does not comply with the laws of physics. It's more a quantum thing,sometimes it here sometimes it there sometimes it's both but all the time its annoying. Seriously though I am stuck because if I wanted to reset it I cannot. I press and hold...blue appears then white flashes continuously for 30 secs and will continue to do so each time I press the button! Alcohol helps btw. hic hic hic

IP Logged

Mark Baum
Forum Administrator

Reply #31 - Nov 8th, 2020 at 7:49pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thing is.. if that's your SiB then you already paired it.

If you already paired it then you can't pair it again, that process is done.

That SiB is obviously working fine because it reported on our network as it should when it gets pressed.

The question now is not bout pairing, but rather, when you press it you're not getting a message?

We need to focus not in the SiB, but in your report that you said you were waiting for a PIN for SiMP - this too is not right.

To pair the SiB you must have had SiMP active and if SiMP was active, you've already received a PIN and chosen a password and you should be using that to log in and there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

Perhaps you forgot the password you used for SiMP? - if so, you will need to use the password reset function and once you get to log in with SiMP all your messages from your SiB should arrive fine.

So again, the SiB is obviously working (you've set it up in the past), SiMP has been configured in the past also, you just need to get it working again in your phone Smiley

IP Logged

Sliced Page

Reply #32 - Nov 10th, 2020 at 9:46am
Print Post Print Post  
Hi Mark, Sorry if I am trying your patience. I do appreciate your help. I did try this before but the support was not there then and Covid came along. So it was put away as a project for later.

I do know the password and I re installed the simp app and entered it. I was asked to link a sib but when I did I got the same old select your wifi access point. "Unknown SSID" I touch the unknown ssid and the page changes to choose network and nothing is there. And still when I press the sib it flashes blue then white for a while. I think I might have a faulty sib because the only way I can see of resetting it is to remove the battery and I have already mentioned what happened when I tried that! Cheers Mark

IP Logged

Mark Baum
Forum Administrator

Reply #33 - Nov 11th, 2020 at 4:21am
Print Post Print Post  
Hi there,

Not at all, please don't think that for a moment - I'm here to help and always happy to do so.

Sooo if you don't know the SiMP password, please try the password recovery utility. The facility is here: https://www.simp.me/recover and then you can get a new password etc.

Once you manage to log into your profile, then click on the option that is NOT "pair a SiB to SiMP" I think its something like "Start messaging with SiMP" - choose that.

Then SiMP will get the conversation you had when you first paired the SiB and you'll be done.

I saw your SiB again in our logs meaning its working perfectly, its connecting to the net via your WiFi and logging in when pressed - so there's nothing wrong with it.

Once you get SiMP working with your existing profile, I think all will be fine from then on.

Please try it and let me know.

Regards,
Mark

IP Logged

Sliced Page

Reply #34 - Nov 11th, 2020 at 11:30am
Print Post Print Post  
I have the password. I have no problem getting into simp it's from then on things get a bit squiffy.
I did as you suggested and started a new convo . Nothing. Is the setup sib access point only for initial setup back to regular wifi after that?
I re installed simp just incase
Sib is still doing its dance,flashing white. I send a message,status then another  update but no reply. Press sib again ...still dances. And still no way to reset it. Bit of a pickle.

IP Logged

Mark Baum
Forum Administrator

Reply #35 - Nov 11th, 2020 at 8:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi, I'm not sure where or why you understood that you had to make a new convo - I re-read my communication and I didn't suggest that.

On November 6th the SiB came online and checked with us for messages, did you change location or anything changed from that day onward?

Actually the fact that the SiB is flashing white "implies" that its back to provision mode - as in, ready to pair. Did you by any chance try to reset it on Nov 6th?

I have to admit, I did make a mistake earlier when I said we saw the SiB on our side. That turns out to be incorrect. The log on our side was not clear to me (I'm not an expert techie) the difference between a SiB and a conversation interaction.

You've sent many messages to the SiB during these last few days from the conversation and that appeared to me as if it was actually your SiB, when in fact it wasn't.

I got an engineer involved this morning and asked him to try and figure out your problem because I couldn't and he said that your SiB was last logged in on November 6th. After discussing my confusion the log has been fixed so that its easier to read on our side - I'm sorry for the wrong info.

So what it looks like now, is that your SiB (based on flashing white) is ready to pair up again, so if you could try that from SiMP and see if you can pair it?

Regards,
Mark

IP Logged

Sliced Page

Reply #36 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 11:00pm
Print Post Print Post  
No my location has not changed while attempting to use the sib. I took some screenshots so as to show what I get when I try this or that but sadly I cannot upload them here so I will try and explain as best I can using semaphore.    
No that failed. 
After signing in I get a purple box telling me that it has synchronized and 31 events buffered. It goes, followed by another purple box with 2 link boxes in it. 1/ Link to sib, the other start messaging with simp.  The first "Link to Sib" has 3 boxes the top one has in it "Unknown SSID". I click it and get to "Choose Network"  which is always blank whether I am in Setup Wifi or normal. The second link does exactly the same.
I tried to factory reset the sib via simp. I got a pop up stating that I had to press the sib for 15 secs or if the button turns white. The popup stayed at 10/100 and the sib did it's usual blue to white dance.Nothing happened. I am kind of stuck. Good job I have three weeks of Furlough:)

IP Logged

Mark Baum
Forum Administrator

Reply #37 - Nov 14th, 2020 at 8:25pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi there,

Just before we go into anything else, I'd like to point out that in all your screen shots, your WiFi didn't look to be turned on.

If you WiFi is not on, then this would be a significant reason for failure to find the access points and pair SiB.

If it was on, then the above is irrelevant naturally, but the icon for WiFi is missing.

Regards,
Mark

IP Logged

Sliced Page

Reply #38 - Nov 15th, 2020 at 5:49pm
Print Post Print Post  
If only I had made that noob mistake:) Sadly though the wifi is always on.

IP Logged

Mark Baum
Forum Administrator

Reply #39 - Nov 15th, 2020 at 7:26pm
Print Post Print Post  
Ahh ok! then I'm glad..kind of Wink that it was on.

Ok so here's what you need to do I think.

First get SiMP back to synced state where you see your old conversation/s and that's it (if you open SiMP now and you see 1 or 2 old conversations there, its all good and done).

Leave SiMP aside and try pairing the SiB using the direct method, which is:

You go to your wifi scan on your mobile, you do a quick on press for the SiB and it should appear on your scan list as SiB something. When it does, click on it and then hopefully you're prompted with a configuration page by the phone - similar to what you'd get out of airport wifi set ups.

Thing is, both the SiB and SiMP were working fine until Nov 6th then something happened as you were tinkering with them that it disconnected the SiB and from then on, it went down hill.

If the firmware version that is running on your SiB is the same one as when it was shipped to you at the beginning of the year, then you have a version that doesn't have the latest features for pairing or even for resetting to factory default via SiMP.

IF when you go to wifi scan you don't see the SiB, you're going to have to try and reset the SiB by long pressing it 3 times for 11s at a time - unfortunately, this is not extremely reliable and that's why on the latest firmware you get to reset the SiB by using SiB and it works via Bluetooth.

Regards,
Mark

IP Logged

Sliced Page

Reply #40 - Nov 15th, 2020 at 8:10pm
Print Post Print Post  
I am getting the feeling my sib is about to be put in the cupboard of dead tech. sob sob cry cry:(   

Old conversations are there.
Yes I can access the setup sib wifi but no configuration page. I even tried the ip address in setup sib settings but nothing resolved.
I know ip addresses vary but does  that only apply to the last set of numbers
EG 10.99.99.02 or 03 or 04? Do you have a standard ip address for the sib?

As for resetting the sib by the method you stated... that ain't gonna happen.  Press and holding just gets a green light then continuous flashing white  continuously on and on and on.
Bit of a pickle!

IP Logged

Sliced Page

Reply #41 - Dec 8th, 2020 at 9:36pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks for trying Mark, I guess I got a dud

IP Logged

Mark Baum
Forum Administrator

Reply #42 - Dec 30th, 2020 at 1:38am
Print Post Print Post  
Hi there, I'm so sorry for the late late response.

I've been so busy that didn't get a chance to tackle the issue.

One of the screen shots you sent clearly showed that WiFi was not turned on. I know you said it was, but the symbol for WiFi was missing and there's no way that WiFi could be turned on without the symbol being there.

If you configured the SiB earlier and then deleted the conversation you had with the SiB by mistake, unfortunately the only option to recover the SiB from then on is by resetting it to factory default.

To compound to the problem, earlier SiBs had to be pressed 3 x long presses (more than 10s each) and done in succession, yet, it was not an easy process to complete. Our tech guys have tested over and over, even making a video to prove it was easy, but my own success rate was very low. This is why we moved from that process to a process that can be done using SiMP via Bluetooth, but this was added to the firmware of the SiBs in recent months - it is very very smooth and easy now, though its not going to help your case I'm afraid.

We'd be happy to send you a new SiB free of charge if you agree to pay for the shipping. Loaded with the latest firmware it will pair quickly and if a repeat of your situation were to happen again in the unforeseen future, you'd be able to reset it easily.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print