Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Problems with pairing SiB to SiMP (Read 15347 times)
David

Re: Problems with pairing SiB to SiMP
Reply #15 - Mar 26th, 2020 at 11:46pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello,
I just received my SiB and started playing with it.
My Wifi SSID contain an '. It appear the SiB do not like it.
SSID: David's Wireless Network
When the SiB is trying to configure, it think the network is names David'
Is that something we can fix ?
Also, what is the Wifi Range. I need to be very close of my wifi antenna for the SiB to communicate ?
I create a temporary wifi to test.
Thanks in advance
David

IP Logged

Mark Baum
Forum Administrator

Reply #16 - Mar 27th, 2020 at 12:21am
Print Post Print Post  
Hello David,

Unfortunately that's a known problem and limitation we have in the current firmware.

We have in fact already came across this problem before and have figured out the solution, just haven't had the opportunity to add the solution.

The problem that needs fixing is as you've found out that the rest of the SSID after the apostrophe is ignored and the limitation is in being able to ADD the SSID like that to the f/w.

As in, there's a command right now called "AP ADD" which lets you add new and fail over access points. But the AP ADD command uses spaces as a separation between the SSID and the password so if you were to go:

AP ADD David's Wireless - it would think David's is the SSID and Wireless is the password.

Our solution will be to break this into new lines, so you will instead do:

AP ADD
David's Wireless Network
Password

We will try and get this fix in the next update and will let you know as soon as its done.

Your current version of firmware is 558 and there's been a few updates since it was shipped to you, so you can issue "update" to install the latest which is always a good idea.

Regards,
Mark

IP Logged

VaibhavV

Reply #17 - May 12th, 2020 at 4:34pm
Print Post Print Post  
I'm using OnePlus 5T Android version 9. Pairing within the app didn't with for me, however, I was able to pair the SiBs using WiFi settings method and got success notification. When I now press the SiBs I see green light for a couple of seconds, I guess they paired successfully. But when I go to the app, I don't see any SiBs added there. I don't know where to go from here for adding recipes for each SiB.
Please advise.

IP Logged

Mark Baum
Forum Administrator

Reply #18 - May 12th, 2020 at 5:59pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello,

According to our logs, you didn't enter the country code in the set up page.

Entering the country code is essential because without it the number can be from anywhere.

What happened is that your SiBs paired fine, but after sent a message to the number you entered which is not the same number you SiMP has - since SiMP also needs proper full number, including country code.

We have identified your SiBs however and sent a reset command. If you power them on once, they should get the command and re-format then after, you can go through the process again but without forgetting the country code and you will complete the process successfully.

IP Logged

Sliced Page

Reply #19 - Nov 7th, 2020 at 12:29am
Print Post Print Post  
I tried all the methods above to no avail. I can't get the simp to find the sib. I reset the sib to factory still no connection.
I am using samsung a20 with version 146 of the simp app.
Igo to the add sib page in the app and see<unknown ssid>.When I click that the next page is blank. I go back
I enter all details in both boxes then hit the tick.
I press and hold the sib button and white is not there. The nearest is rose. No connection. App cannot connect to BT so tries wireless. Gets to 15% and that's it. Every time though the sib only stays on for about 10 seconds. If I hold down the sib button I get the same results. I am a bit late to the show, I got this in January I think. Anyhoo any help would be appreciated

IP Logged

Sliced Page

Reply #20 - Nov 7th, 2020 at 12:32am
Print Post Print Post  
Found the white. It flashes but till as before no BT and no wireless. boo hoo sob sob cry cry

IP Logged

Mark Baum
Forum Administrator

Reply #21 - Nov 7th, 2020 at 12:33am
Print Post Print Post  
"I press and hold the sib button and white is not there".

You're supposed to only press the sib as in, to turn it on. A quick press of button and release. Holding the button down makes it do other things.

Please just turn it on by pressing button and it should turn white.

Let me know if that didn't make any difference, but a quick press should turn it on to pair, if pairing was never done in the past.

IP Logged

Sliced Page

Reply #22 - Nov 7th, 2020 at 1:18am
Print Post Print Post  
I did as you suggested and still no connection. btw in choose a network, the screen is blank. Another curious thing is that the sib was  listed within the router in DHCP . I reset the router to see if that would help the app find it but no. DHCP no longer has sib listed

IP Logged

Sliced Page

Reply #23 - Nov 7th, 2020 at 1:28am
Print Post Print Post  
*update* I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Now it states I will receive a text with a code. Once I do I will try again so please take the rest of the day off(tell them I said it was okay) and I'll come back with some good news, hopefully. Thank you

IP Logged

Mark Baum
Forum Administrator

Reply #24 - Nov 7th, 2020 at 1:32am
Print Post Print Post  
Haha Smiley nice of you.

But I'm still here working its ok! Do please let me know how you got along, I have to admit that I think you must have programmed the SiB already at some stage and since its been a while, you forgot you went through the process.

The reason I say this, is because DHCP IP address comes after authentication is carried out, not before.

IP Logged

Sliced Page

Reply #25 - Nov 7th, 2020 at 12:08pm
Print Post Print Post  
It was late here in Blighty and after watching the US election reports I had to get to bed. I agree about the DHCP but it was dated today and I have never paired my sib.  I have now re-installed the simp four times. I have entered my country UK and my phone number and again I am waiting on the text. I think Santa will bring it!
Maybe texts are only sent to US users. So I am in limbo atm. I tried the old trick of standing in a bucket of water but still no text.  Even attempting to use psychic powers I don't have failed.

IP Logged

Mark Baum
Forum Administrator

Reply #26 - Nov 7th, 2020 at 5:59pm
Print Post Print Post  
No no, standing in a bucket of water will only get you wet, but not text! haha

If you installed SiMP once - then that's it. Deleting it after and re-installing it wont make a difference, unless you never had it past the registration section?

I had the impression earlier that you had succeeded installing SiMP?

There's absolutely no need to uninstall re-install SiMP because pairing problems are unrelated to that.

Looks like you got an early version SiB this year and before we had the Bluetooth pairing in place. Still, there's a way.

Can I get you to go to wifi scan section of your phone and turn on your SiB while you're there, then do a scan unless your phone does one regularly and see if anything about the SiB comes up - it should. If it does, please try and connect to it, because once you do, you are able to use the built in configuration page of the SiB.

Regards,
Mark

IP Logged

Sliced Page

Reply #27 - Nov 7th, 2020 at 9:12pm
Print Post Print Post  
I do appreciate your help Mark.
I found simp in the scanned wifi and connected to it without any trouble.
So I went over to the other topic (updating)and followed your instructions to the extent I got to "configure your sib" but after that there appeared a list of programs you could install. I searched for update but was told I was offline. So I changed to home wifi but still no internet access in the app.If it helps, whenever I press the sib it starts green then flashes white for about thirty seconds as if it's ready to pair then switches off. The app was on the simp wifi at the time. Same thing happened when if home wifi. Also I have a very good wifi signal. My frustration is that I know it's a simple process to setup but the path to it is extremely taxing.  So I am going to have a lie down in a quiet room for a few days to chill out ready to start again.

IP Logged

Mark Baum
Forum Administrator

Reply #28 - Nov 7th, 2020 at 10:04pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi, it is my pleasure - that's what I'm here for, that is, when I'm here haha Cheesy

Ok so first, the button is the SiB (Smart internet Button), the app is SiMP which stands for Secure instant Messaging Platform.

So my guess is you found the SiB in the scanned WiFi and connected to it, which is great.

Once you connected to it, did you get a prompt where a web page opened up to let you put details of the button?

You said you're in the UK, does the name "steampunk" sound familiar?

Once you can answer the above, we can then move forward as it takes us in completely separate directions depending on your answer.

Regards,
Mark

IP Logged

Sliced Page

Reply #29 - Nov 8th, 2020 at 12:40pm
Print Post Print Post  
How do you know about steampunk.....now I am soooo paranoid.
Just kidding,yes that is the name of my project and the name of the sib.
No I did not get a prompt. However I did get a text and I entered it which is why steampunk may be on your system now. Anyhoo, I went back into simp to add a sib but did not get past choose network's blank page. I tried to factory reset but as I said earlier whenever I press the button it starts green but stays flashing white for 30 seconds then goes off. I thought I'd try and remove the battery to reset it but that looked problematic so I abandoned that idea. Throwing it against the wall was just a whim. Bashing my head against the wall seemed suitable but A&E are a bit busy right now so I 'll wait for that joy.I am going to follow your steps again in the other section incase I missed something. I would imagine you might be able to reset it from afar but without knowing if it is online or not that is a long shot. I'll keep trying and let you know. Cheers

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print